CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

oUr LiTtLe SwEeThEaRt....

Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby,
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom I had never been puked on, Pooped on,
Chewed on, Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night. Before I was a Mom I never held down a
screaming child so doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom I had never gotten up in the middle
of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never know the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,
the wonderment or satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that!!

Your blog is very cute. I got my background from Cutest blog on the block too.

Misty said...

Hey Ash, I just saw your note on my blog. Thanks so much for the nice thoughts - we really appreciate it. I hope you guys are doing okay, too. I know you've been going through something similar, too. I'm so sorry. Bridger is adorable. And I'm glad you have a blog. At least we can keep in touch this way! I'll be stalking your blog... since I'm on bed rest I'm a blog-reading junkie!